You can perform this part before SIM activation as well. [You will have Internet connectivity only after the SIM is activated] Connect your PC (recommended) or Phone to the JioFi 2 hotspot with the default password listed on box.
- Open browser, type 192.168.1.1 or jiofi.local.html in the address bar and hit the enter key.
- The JioFi 2 router settings page will open, login with administrator as username and password.
- Jump into the WiFi section and change the SSID and security key as per your choice. The Security Key you set will be the WiFi password from now on.
- Press Apply and then OK to reboot the router.
- Once the boot up completes you would need to re-connect using the new password.
- Again login to the Router settings page, and click on User Management.
- Change the default user name and add a new password for router admin settings.
- Once done, click on Apply and OK.